Measures to support accessibility
Checkmk takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Checkmk product:
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Checkmk is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We recognize that accessibility is an ongoing process, and we are actively working on improving accessibility, as we want to provide all of our users an optimal user experience.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Checkmk. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Checkmk:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to respond to feedback within 3 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Checkmk is compatible with the following browsers and browser minimum versions:
- Chrome 100 and higher
- Firefox 100 and higher
- Edge 100 and higher
- Safari 15.6.1 and higher on macOS
Accessibility of Checkmk relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Checkmk, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Checkmk:
- Contrast in color themes: Checkmk currently offers two color themes (light and dark). Those themes have a good contrast but do not yet always meet the needs of WCAG 2.1 AA. We are working on improving these themes to achieve the required contrast. Please write an e-mail to email@example.com, if you encounter an issue.
- Graphing: Some graph types have challenges with a sufficient contrast in the color palette, especially if multiple metrics have to be displayed. This is a limit, which cannot be resolved, without reducing the functionality of such metrics graph. We recommend configuring single metric graphs, if you encounter an issue.
- Keyboard navigation: It is not yet possible to use Checkmk to its full extent with just a keyboard. We are working on adding alternatives to mouse navigation. Please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you encounter an issue.
- Alternative text for images: Alternative text is not yet available for all images. We are working on adding alternative text to all images. Please write an e-mail to email@example.com, if you encounter an issue.
Checkmk assessed the accessibility of the product by the following approaches:
This statement was created on 30 April 2023 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.